You’ve surely invested a great deal of time and effort in building a disaster recovery solution for your VMware virtualized environment and decided to use Zerto in order to increase the level of data protection. But how confident are you that everything will work when you click that large “Fail-over” button?
Internal Zerto Configuration Validation
AvailabilityGuard performs routine validation of your Zerto configuration to ensure you have followed Zerto best practices and that there are no errors that can put your systems at risk. AvailabilityGuard checks the following:
- Zerto Virtual Manager (ZVM) best practices (NTP, HA, snapshots, etc.)
- Zerto Virtual Replication Appliance (VRA) best practices
Zerto Virtual Protection Group (VPG) best practices
- SLA goals validation (RPO, Retention /Journaling, site resiliency, etc.)
- Correct configuration of recovery host, recovery datastore and Fail-over network
- Checkpoint and Journal config
- Correct configuration of startup order, dynamic networking and more.
Zerto and External IT Layers Configuration Analysis
AvailabilityGuard analyzes the configuration of VMware environments protected by Zerto Virtual Replication (ZVR). AvailabilityGuard collects and analyzes configuration of the Storage layer, Hypervisor, Virtual Machine and Virtual Network to ensure your data is safe and that DR is ready.
Zerto and external IT layers Configuration Analysis (ESXi, vSwitches, SAN Switch, Storage, DR infrastructure) includes:
- Analyze VM dependency; ensure all required VMs are included in the VPG (partial replication of a business service, vApp, clustered or load-balanced VMs, etc.)
- Alignment between affinity rules and Zerto VPG configuration
- Alignment of Oracle, MS-SQL, DB2, Sybase, WebSphere, WebLogic and Tomcat configuration with Zerto settings
- Application consistency best practices – Zerto and VSS / Oracle hot backup
- Smart analysis and comparison of Production ESXi hosts versus designated DR ESXi hosts – DR Readiness check
- Swap, datastores, memory, CPU etc.
- I/O configuration (HBA, number of paths, MPIO, load balancing, speed, masking / zoning etc.)
- Storage capacity, RAID level, thin provisioning and tier
- Virtual network – vSwitch, VM portgroups, VLAN setting and more