Managing your own virtualization and Cloud infrastructure with many PowerVM & VIO Servers while allowing high availability, resiliency and data protection is essential to your business.
Meeting those goals while keeping up with emerging business needs creates an extremely challenging dynamic virtualization environment. The continuous stream of changes (servers, storage, databases and network) puts administrators in a constant chase of configuration and best practice compliance. Such changes form configuration error or gaps that can introduce single-points-of-failures into the environment, putting your entire system’s availability, fault tolerance, replication and data protection at serious risk.
PowerVM Infrastructure Analysis
AvailabilityGuard analyzes the different components of PowerVM infrastructure, and ensures no hidden misconfigurations exist that can lead to outage or loss of data.
- LPAR (VIOC) suffering from single VIO Server (VIOS) point of failure
- VIO Server configuration misalignment (Kernel Parameters, Installed packages, MPIO, etc.)
- IBM HMC and Live Partition Mobility (LPM) best practices
PowerVM and Storage Access
AvailabilityGuard verifies that your underlying storage devices are well configured to provide access and equal levels of availability and service.
- NPIV and VSCSI configuration best practices
- Correct and consistent physical volume (PV) and HBA configuration – redundancy, reservation, algorithm, queue depth, firmware, driver, etc.
- Storage alignment to volume groups and file systems (tier, RAID level, scsi flags, mapping/zoning/masking, etc.)
- Ensure data is replicated consistently and correctly (multi-vendor – IBM / EMC / HP / HITACHI / NETAPP arrays)