AvailabilityGuard/Cloud™ offers automated detection and analysis of cloud availability risks across your entire private cloud infrastructure.
- Detect risky private cloud configuration errors.
- Alert the relevant team when errors occur.
- Correct downtime and data loss risks before they impact your business.
Setting up AvailabilityGuard/Cloud™ is extremely simple. It allows organizations that run mission-critical applications in the private cloud to:
- Dramatically reduce downtime and data loss risk
- Proactively address issues and eliminate time wasted fighting fires
- Improve coordination between virtualization, storage, and other IT teams
- Maximize the return on your private cloud assets
Proactive Risk Detection
The AvailabilityGuard Risk Discovery Engine™ automatically scans your private cloud environment in a non-intrusive, read-only mode, collecting up-to-date configuration information from vCenter, storage devices, virtual machines and virtualized database servers.
It then analyzes the information gathered against the continuously updated Risk Signature Knowledgebase™ and pinpoints any misconfigurations that can lead to potential downtime and data loss.
Typical risks detected by AvailabilityGuard/Cloud™ include:
- Single points of failure between the virtualization layer and storage (for example: an ESX cluster node that has no redundant paths to the SAN)
- Configuration differences between ESX nodes
- VMs running the same application that were provisioned from different images
- 100s of other issues that could cause serious problems and downtime
The AvailabilityGuard Dashboard
The dashboard provides immediate visibility into availability risks throughout your private cloud infrastructure and their potential impact on critical business services. From the dashboard, you are just a click away from detailed information on any issue.
Automated Alerts and Notifications
These are sent to the relevant resources when availability risks are uncovered, allowing your IT teams to proactively address issues rather than firefight outages and costly business disruptions.
To ensure issues are tracked to resolution, AvailabilityGuard automatically creates an actionable trouble ticket, including the issue’s details, its potential business impact, and suggestions for remediation. Trouble tickets can be also generated in your existing IT management system (e.g. HP OpenView, CA Unicenter, Tivoli).
“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.”
AvailabilityGuard directly addresses Cloud availability issues by ensuring best-practice alignment through automation, and by finding vulnerabilities long before business impact.
Jean S. Bozman
Research Vice President, IDC