Benchmark Survey Shows Over Half Of Organizations Surveyed Experienced Critical Outages In Past Three Months; 41% Missed Service Availability Goals For Mission-Critical Systems
New York, NY (June 4, 2014) – Continuity Software™, the world’s leading provider of service availability risk management solutions, today announced the results of its 3rd annual Service Availability Benchmark Survey, designed to enable IT infrastructure, business continuity and disaster recovery (DR) professionals to compare their organization’s performance and practices to that of their peers.
The key findings of the report, based on responses from 155 IT professionals across a wide range of industries and geographies, reveal:
– Over half of the companies (59%) had an outage in the past 3 months and 28% had an outage in the past month.
– 41% of the organization surveyed missed their service availability goal for mission-critical systems in 2013.
– 66% of the respondents have initiatives for improving service availability management in 2014.
– Proactive identification of risks is the top challenge 20% of the respondents face in ensuring service availability.
– The most common and most effective strategy for ensuring service availability is virtualization HA, used by 72% of the respondents this year compared to 63% in 2013.
“It is discouraging to see that such a high percentage of organizations continue to miss their service availability goals, despite the tremendous effort and investment made across the infrastructure,” said Doron Pinhas, CTO, Continuity Software. “IT teams are finding themselves in a never-ending chase to keep up with the pace of change across the IT landscape. As the survey results show, IT organizations are increasingly recognizing that a proactive approach to risk identification is more effective for outage prevention than playing catchup.”
To read the full report, please visit: http://www.continuitysoftware.com/resources/surveys/
Tweet this: 2014 Service Availability Benchmark Reveals 59% of Orgs Experienced Outage During Past Three Months http://www.continuitysoftware.com/resources/surveys/
– On-Demand Webinars: http://www.continuitysoftware.com/resources/videos-2/
– White Papers: http://www.continuitysoftware.com/resources/white-papers/
About Continuity Software
Continuity Software is the world’s leading provider of service availability risk management solutions. Trusted by many of the largest and most successful companies around the world, Continuity Software’s award-winning software mitigates downtime and data-loss risks across the entire enterprise IT landscape, including the datacenter’s disaster recovery, high availability (HA), and private cloud environments. With Continuity Software solutions, organizations can be confident that service availability, data protection, and business continuity goals will be met or exceeded 365 days a year. For further information, please visitwww.continuitysoftware.com, email email@example.com, or call: +1-888-782-8170 (United States) or +972 (3) 6470888 (Israel).
© Continuity Software. Continuity Software, RecoverGuard, AvailabilityGuard, AvailabilityGuard/Enterprise, AvailabilityGuard/Cloud, AvailabilityGuard/DR, AvailabilityGuard/Cluster, and AvailabilityGuard/SAN are trademarks of Continuity Software. All other brand and product names in this announcement may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.