Added Functionality and Enhancements Eliminate Configuration Drift – Customers Can Track and Remedy Violations, Breaches and Risks to Data and Application Availability Faster and More Easily Than Ever Before
New York, NY and Tel Aviv, Israel (February 1, 2010) – Continuity Software™, a leading provider of disaster recovery (DR) and high availability (HA) management solutions, today announced the general availability of RecoverGuard version 5.0 (v5.0), featuring additional functionality and enhancements in the areas of service level agreement (SLA) management, cluster support, the graphical user interface (GUI), HA/DR risk detection, configuration management database (CMDB) systems integration, Microsoft Active Directory support and reporting capabilities. RecoverGuard v5.0 delivers a complete, end-to-end solution for validating and assuring both recovery point objectives (RPO) and recovery time objectives (RTO) thereby enabling customers to fully ensure business continuity.
RecoverGuard v5.0 Added Functionality and Enhancements:
- SLA Management – highly detailed graphical overview of SLA compliance enables customers to balance the business criticality of each application against its associated expense; customers can quickly and easily establish required levels of protection, define policies and then track and remedy violations/breaches/risks.
- Extended Cluster Support – Out-of-the-box support now provided for Microsoft Failover Cluster, IBM PowerHA, HP Serviceguard, Solaris Cluster, Linux clusters and HP PolyServe.
- Graphical User Interface (GUI) – Incorporating dozens of customer feature and enhancements requests, RecoverGuard’s award winning UI is now more streamlined and feature rich than ever.
- HA/DR Risk Signatures – over 800 new risk signatures added to the database.
- CMDB Systems Integration – Bi-directional integration with all major CMDB.
- Microsoft Active Directory – RecoverGuard now fully integrates with Active Directory to provide unified user management.
- Reporting – extended host configuration, database storage utilization, and NetApp filer replication reporting now included.
“Configuration drift, which occurs when production or primary infrastructure configurations change or differfrom the recovery or secondary infrastructure, is an inevitable condition in today’s constantly changing data center. This can create serious data protection gaps which impact RPO and host configuration gaps which impact RTO,” said Deni Connor, Principal Analyst, Storage Strategies NOW. “Not surprisingly, configuration drift is one of the primary reasons disaster recovery and high availability systems fail – exposing businesses to higher risks of data loss and extended outages. RecoverGuard v5.0 offers an ideal solution for helping IT organizations to eliminate configuration drift.”
RecoverGuard software is the only comprehensive, enterprise class, high availability and disaster recovery vulnerability detection solution for both physical and/or virtualized environments on the market today. Its field proven ability to identify cross-platform data protection risks, deliver high availability validation, as well as resource and performance optimization is truly unique. Moreover, while competitors cover approximately 20 – 30 static rules, RecoverGuard includes over 3,500 risk signatures in a dynamic, auto-updated knowledgebase (approximately 100 new signatures are added each month). From data protection validation, to server OS configuration analysis, cluster configuration validation, HA/DR optimization, as well as heterogeneous platform support – no other solution comes even close to the breadth and depth delivered by RecoverGuard today.
“With the added functionality in v5.0, RecoverGuard provides customers with the ability to establish required levels of protection, define policies and then track and remedy violations, breaches and risks across an even greater breadth of environments – faster and more easily than ever before,” said Doron Pinhas, Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of Continuity Software. “Staying close to our customers is more than a slogan for us; the improvements in v5.0 stem directly from feedback from hundreds of our customers, as well as our strategic channel partners. We are therefore delighted, but not entirely surprised, by the tremendous customer response v5.0 has already enjoyed.”
About Continuity Software
Continuity Software™ is a leading provider of disaster recovery (DR) and high availability (HA) management solutions. Its RecoverGuard™ software mitigates data protection and high availability risks by detecting gaps and vulnerabilities between customers’ primary production and remote DR sites and/or localized data protection and HA solutions. With RecoverGuard, customers can now confidently validate and ensure their business continuity strategy. For further information, please visit: www.continuitysoftware.com, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or call: 888-782-8170 (United States) or +972 (3) 6470888 (Israel).
© 2010 Continuity Software. Continuity Software, RecoverGuard and DR Assurance are trademarks of Continuity Software. All other brand and product names in this announcement may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.