Expedited Deployment, Expanded Risk Detection and Deeper Analytics, Deliver Greater Control and Enhanced Data Protection, as well as More Efficient IT Standards Compliance and Enforcement
New York, NY (May 5, 2014) – Continuity Software™, the world’s leading provider of service availability risk management solutions, today announced that it is enabling IT professionals, business line managers and compliance officers to further extend their datacenter service resiliency and set in motion operational excellence programs, with the launch of AvailabilityGuard Software version 6.3 (v6.3). Featuring expedited deployment, expanded risk detection, and deeper analytics, AvailabilityGuard v6.3 delivers greater control and enhanced data protection, as well as more efficient compliance with internal IT governance and external regulations.
Specifically, AvailabilityGuard v6.3 enhancements include:
– Service Level Agreement (SLA) Policy / Software SLA Add-ons – enables users to specify standards for software products and/or minimal version; also includes out-of-the-box support for Symantec NetBackup, EMC Legato, CommVault, IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM), and CA ARCServe
– Enhanced Storage Area Network (SAN) Fabric Support – what-if reports, HP Virtual Connect
– Extended Platform Support – Isilon (NAS), and DataDomain
– Enhanced Risk Detection – numerous new risk signatures
– Granular Role and Privilege Support – new role profiles provide fine-grained right-based and privilege-based access control, allowing managers, decision makers and other non-technical users to subscribe to the exact views they need with the most appropriate privilege level
– Deeper Active Directory Integration – supporting full user authorization and role configuration
– Enhanced Configuration Wizard – streamlining setup even further with more granular control
The findings of the 2013 Financial Services Availability Benchmark study conducted by Continuity Software revealed that while financial services organizations are obligated to establish stringent service availability plans, they are actually among the worst performing in regards to meeting these goals. 41% of those surveyed acknowledged that they did not meet their service availability goals for mission-critical systems. Likewise, the responses from the company’s 2013 Enterprise Service Availability and Business Continuity Benchmark study indicated that much like financial services, a wide range of other industries also have highly commendable service availability goals for mission-critical systems. Yet similarly, 32% of those surveyed did not meet their goals.
“Historically, IT professionals have agreed that a resilient datacenter could be achieved with the right technology and techniques, a.k.a. best practices. The belief was that when you understood and endeavored to employ these in your datacenter the question of resiliency could be answered, without first experiencing a catastrophic failure. Unfortunately, recent history has proven otherwise,” said Marc Staimer, Founder and President, Dragon Slayer Consulting. “Even the best technology and intentions are destined for failure, if they remain untested.” He continued, “I would therefore recommend to anyone that wishes to safeguard their organization’s service availability and business continuity strategy to check out AvailabilityGuard.”
“AvailabilityGuard v6.3 is the direct result of feedback we have received from countless IT professionals and compliance officers seeking to build service resiliency management programs and drive operational excellence,” said Doron Pinhas, CTO, Continuity Software. “The AvailabilityGuard enhancements are uniquely designed to benefit professionals across both technical and non-technical roles. They enable faster and easier deployment, deeper and broader understanding, and greater management control. The bottom-line is that AvailabilityGuard v6.3 will enable more efficient and effective compliance with internal IT standards and external regulations.”
AvailabilityGuard v6.3 is now generally available.
– Surveys: http://www.continuitysoftware.com/resources/surveys/
– On-Demand Webinars: http://www.continuitysoftware.com/resources/videos-2/
– White Papers: http://www.continuitysoftware.com/resources/white-papers/
About Continuity Software
Continuity Software is the world’s leading provider of service availability risk management solutions. Trusted by many of the largest and most successful companies around the world, Continuity Software’s award-winning software mitigates downtime and data-loss risks across the entire enterprise IT landscape, including the datacenter’s disaster recovery, high availability (HA), and private cloud environments. With Continuity Software solutions, organizations can be confident that service availability, data protection, and business continuity goals will be met or exceeded 365 days a year. For further information, please visitwww.continuitysoftware.com, email email@example.com, or call: +1-888-782-8170 (United States) or +972 (3) 6470888 (Israel).
© Continuity Software. Continuity Software, RecoverGuard, AvailabilityGuard, AvailabilityGuard/Enterprise, AvailabilityGuard/Cloud, AvailabilityGuard/DR, AvailabilityGuard/Cluster, and AvailabilityGuard/SAN are trademarks of Continuity Software. All other brand and product names in this announcement may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.